Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, February 11, 2008

Chassahowitzka River


Paddled the Chassahowitzka, Saturday, February 9, 2008. Above photo is approaching Baird Blue Spring from "The Crack" Run. A full report is here.
Hard to believe my Chas report is the first one on the site. Guess they did need a Central Florida Expert.



Continuing the amazing, but true theme, I only went out on Saturday, not Sunday. As I drove home, I felt a cold coming on. That explained why I was so tired on Friday night and in bed at 10- which was perfect for waking up at 5:30 Saturday and on the water at 8 am.
The cold hit full force Sunday morning. So, my excursion was limited to a walk to Albertson's for OJ, grapefruit and tangelos.

1 comment:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Looks like swell place for kayakers. And birds.