Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Turkey Creek and Lake Norris













Paddled Turkey Creek Saturday, here's the Green Wave Forum report






Along with more pictures.






























The shadow knows.
On recent trips to Turkey Creek I've noticed a lot of trash in the water. My guess it is comes through the dam, which acts as a stopper at the end of a canal system- and when the plug is opened, all matter of things get into the Creek. This trip, I saw very little trash. Someone must be picking up. I left the Creek cleaner, removing a pint liquor bottle.

Sunday was Lake Norris. Here is that link.

http://www.clubkayak.com/greenwave/trips.asp?op=showlocation&location=134

And a few pictures.

















Neither of these locations was on the Green Wave site. Lake Norris wasn't even on this site, as I had not been there in over two years/
I wanted to paddle the Ichetucknee River this weekend, but have lingering cold. Going to the Ich means a 300 mile round trip drive. It also means snorkeling, and coughing every few minutes would make that unpleasant. I think next weekend, cold or not, I'm diving into some spring for the Fountain of Youth effect

2 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Two excellent posts, Mr. Yak. Thanks a bunch.

Dave said...

You're welcome- I may have added a few picutures since-or pehaps at the same, time as your comment