Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hillsborough River

Yesterday's paddle dealt with outer space, the launch of Space Shuttle Discovery. Today, Sunday, June 1, 2008, was about cyberspace, meeting my fellow contributors to the Green Wave Forum, Ed,














and Frances, aka paddlesolo,





Who this trip, accompanied by her daughter, was temporarily paddleduo. I put it at Morris Bridge Park, paddled up River, meeting the trio just downstream of Sergeant Park.






Frances saw her first rosette spoonbill.




The Hillsborough is a great birding river. Here is a black crowned night heron.







Anhinga drying.










Tri colored heron




Sunning turtle




Alligator
Biggest of the 4 or 5 I saw. My companions may have seen more. After we stopped at Morris Bridge, they continued to Trout Creek. I considered it, but was too tired after yesterday's hot windy day on the Haulover Canal, so I called it a day.
I have posted a few more pictures over on Green Wave, perhaps Ed will put his there as well.

1 comment:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Lots of birds, indeed. And add to that my appreciation for the size of the alligator.