Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mosquito Lagoon

Sunday, July 20, 2008. Put in at Lot 7, Canaveral National Seashore at 9:37, finished about 2:00 pm. A scorcher. No afternoon clouds, as you can see from the above photo, taken at 1:40.




I paddled north to Bethune Park, then back south, past the put-in to Castle Windy. Maybe a 8 mile paddle ? I'm not sure. To my surprise, I did not see a dolphin all day.



As expected, I saw many manatees. The bulk of them at Bethune Park. Six, seven maybe eight in the cove off the Park's pier overlooking the Lagoon.


















Also visible from the street. This is a good, and somewhat unknown, spot to see manatees. Unless you live in the neighborhood , and its a stop on your dog walk.





Birds observed were great blue and green herons, great egrets, ospreys, belted kingfishers, pelicans, cormorants, gulls and vultures.





Maybe I can sell this photo to a cell phone company. Or the Tavern League of Wisconsin. More Bars in More Places.





Here's an egret amongst the mangroves.








Just missed this one








This car in the parking lot brought back memories.










Last pic, another vehicle.


I told the driver I liked his use of available space. "Anything to avoid hitching up the trailer"

No comments: