Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rock Springs Run

Paddled further up Rock Springs Run today, Sunday, September 21, 2008 then I have since July 5. Three hours forty minute upstream, past Kings Landing. until I was stymied by this.













Reminds me of how it used to be paddling past Kings Landing, the beautiful upper Run full of downed trees. Post- Fay, the folks from Kings Landing and the State Park have done a great job clearing the Run downstream from Kings. Paddling almost the entire Run today, I saw lots of evidence of the work it took to remove trees toppled by Fay.



I was two hours into the day before I saw my first downstream paddlers. Here is some wildlife from today.





























More Rock Springs Run scenics.











Three hours forty minutes up, just under four back. I stopped for a sandwich, and paddled/drifted to let people get well ahead of me. Saw about a dozen alligators.


After a near eight hour paddle, and getting the yak up the hill to the car, Wekiwa Springs was very refreshing.


No comments: