Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cedar Lake to St Roberts

Sunday, June 7, 2009 was the final day of the Cedar Lake weekend, aka "Zakfest". I got out in a kayak for about an hour before breakfast. There is a an old barn through the trees. A closer view.






I don't think the barn is used, and it may be the last one on Cedar Lake. Makes a classic Wisconsin scene. I hope it stays, as most of Lake has homes and cottages. But, I still got some nature photos.






















































If only I could have captured the great blue heron that rose out of the tall grass. Here is Pyzyk Place from the water.












I want to thank Mrs. Zak, and their 3 kids for giving up a weekend of the too short Wisconsin summer to let us spend a boys weekend on the Lake. A great location, Lake views on two sides.


Here is the view from inside.





There were flights to DC to catch, long drives to St Louis, as we said goodby. Two final photos.

















Final photos from Cedar Lake, that is. Until next year. Zak dropped me off at my Mom's. I always budget an extra day to spend time with family. It works out well, as the St Roberts Fair usually coincides with Zakfest, so we get roasted chickens at the Fair for dinner. St Roberts is where I went to grade school. Back when nuns and Miss Miley didn't take any guff. Seeing the church every day, I never appreciated how good it looks.










Here is some kid having fun.















My nephew, Jack.

And some of his family. Jack's Grammy, mom, uncle, dad, and aunt.

Jack's sis, avoiding the paparazzi.
Jack's bro.

There were water activities at the Fair. Jack beat his brother and I, or rather his minnow beat ours, in the minnow races- he got the $2 pot and a Tootsie Pop.

No comments: