Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

Got a two and a half hour paddle in this morning, Wednesday, February 17, 2009. Cool and windy as I put in at Fort Maitland Park at 8:20.










Past great egrets and anhingas.







To the canal leading to Lake Minnehaha Usually, I turn right when I get to Lake Minnehaha, but today, the action was on the left. Huge flock of cormorants
And, it looked like the great egrets, great blue herons and wood storks I saw last week on Lake Maitland had moved to Lake Minnehaha








All this, plus osprey circling and diving. Must have been a lot of fish. Here's a tri colored heron. Two views.





Coots, osprey, and a great blue heron.












Back to, and through the canal.

A side visit to Lake Nina, and back to Lake Maitland.









I paddled away from the canal, and Fort Maitland, looking for a canal that has a pedestrian bridge that makes for a good photo. I did not find that canal, but found these wood ducks in another canal

Osprey and egret near the launch when I returned at 10:50

No comments: