Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Long Key State Park


Very sparse for wildlife Sunday afternoon, June 13, 2010, in the Long Key Lakes and Zane Grey Creek. Saw one great egret, and a lot of these crabs. All carrying, seaweed, or a leaf, or something. Eating? Nest building?




I left the wildlife behind in Key West









Dutiful son that I am, I took my Mom to Mass. Then to the Laird Street compound for a bagel brunch.
















Nephew-in-law Aaron caused a few screams when he tossed an iguana, treed by Windsor, his and Elena's dog, into the pool.






I said my good-byes, saw the family is helping keep Recycle in business, and was on my way at 1:30.







In the water at Long Key State Park sometime after 3.
The marked Long Key Lakes Trail is very similar to the mangrove studded Coupon Bight, only the latter has no trail markers.

I left a 5, got home around 10:30. And to answer a question asked by many, Orlando is hotter then Key West. 99 Monday, 98 Tuesday. Record tying and record breaking highs.

No comments: