Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

A short paddle this morning, Wednesday, August 11, 2010. Got a late start as I forgot which side of the street the Maitland Post Office is on. Figured it had the most convenient Fedex box to ship my busted camera. The warranty covers the shipping. Hope to get it back, or a replacement camera, by the weekend after next. For now, I have to make do with an old, partially functional, camera. The post office is on the west side of Maitland Ave. I had not been there in so long, I was looking on the east side, and passed it.



























Almost 8:45 by the time I was on a windy Lake Maitland.
















No wind in the shelter of the canal linking the lakes. A breeze across Lake Minnehaha.









Lots of anhingas, as always. The view screen on the old camera is broke and it just has one zoom level, which does not always work. Photography is hit and miss.


Back into Lake Maitland, I decided to make it a short morning paddle.
Two kayakers in inflatables paddled away from the launch as I was coming in, they were the only people I saw on the water in an hour fortyfive minutes. 3 boat trailers in the lot, they must have been elsewhere on the chain.










No comments: