Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

I don't think I had any wood duck photos my last Winter Park (Maitland) Chain paddle.  Got several today, Wednesday, February 2, 2011.  No groundhogs, but a pelican for the first time since last winter.

Pelican 1

My right shoulder has been sore the last couple days, so I took it easy.  Felt ok when I woke up, a bit tired now after paddling from 9 to 10:45.  Usual Fort Maitland Park launch, swim suit and t-shirt weather, overcast.

Anhinga 2

Great egret 3
Into the canal and Lake Nina.




Osprey 4
Turtle 5

Moorhen 6

Coots 7

Snowy egret 8

Wood dock 9

Back in the canal, to Lake Minnehaha.









Great blue heron 10

 Great egret and juvenile blue heron 11


 Hekel and Jeykel

 Ibis 12
Back in the canal

No comments: