Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lakes Maitland, Nina and Minnehaha

Back to the usual Wednesday morning paddle after a two week hiatus.  I still kayaked, midweek, but late in the afternoon



Underway at 8:50.


 No I know why the cops did not get prints off my window.  It was an ibis that took the screen off.



 Moorhen family.




 Uh, oh. I think there will be one less anhinga in a flew days.  It flew off, with the tangle intact.  Landed high on a pine. 



 



This may surprise some people, but in July, Maitland, FL has more birds than Key West, FL.



As usual, just a boat or two out on a weekday morning.



On Lake Maitland, an otter near a dock.


Make that otters. Four.  They raised up, doing the hissing/snorting thing that otters do, and swam away, around a point.  Where I saw them again.



This is where I had to turn back.



The final Space Shuttle launch is scheduled for late Friday morning.  I have to work.  But, the weather forecast is bad.  So, I may get to see it take off on Saturday or Sunday.    Hopefully Saturday, as I have paddling plans with friends on Sunday.

No comments: