Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and MInnehaha

A short paddle this morning.  Got a haircut, first since June, I think. On the water at 9:15.



There were a least half a dozen official vehicles in the parking lot. City of Maitland and Florida Fish and Wildlife.  With boat trailers.  At my launch spot, several large containers of herbicide.  Another FWS boat launched as I was.  The operator told me they were treating the hydrilla, and I had nothing to worry about.


 Lake Nina otter.



Kingfisher flight.

 Eagle flight



The eagle has landed.




Wood ducks on a wooded duck. Or, maybe, fiberglass.



 Limpkins feed on snails and shellfish that thrive in clean water. I like seeing them on "my" lakes.



Hawk eye.



A beautiful morning, overcast, drizzle.  Any time spent in the kayak is beautiful.  I landed at 10:45.

I rinsed off my feet, just in case.

No comments: