Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

Woke at 7 this morning, if I got going I could have gone to Wekiwa Springs State Park this morning. But, I was tired, so I stayed in bed.  Thinking about kayaking (good) and work (bad) never fell back to sleep
Launched into Lake Maitland, from Fort Maitland Park, at 8:25.
Anhinga
Great egret
Coots
Wood ducks
Great egret.  All the above photos are from Lake Maitland.
Limpkin in the canal
Great blue heron
Into Lake Minnehaha.  This reflective shot received consideration for the coveted first photo position.
Followed an otter family/

 Moorhen

Same great blue heron seen on the way in. Unless this one kicked out the earlier one.

Lake Nina green heron.

Howell Creek
Mallards
Back on Lake Maitland
It was a bit wakey on Lake Maitland. Some talented boarders doing tricks. But, what did they need two boats for?   I asked when I landed.  Bigger wakes, or a film boat?  Film boat.  I asked when I might see it at the local multiplex or on my computer.  Soon, search for Lipsmack.  Named for what happens when you wipe out? I asked.  "It's a play on words"

No comments: