Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, May 21, 2012

Becky and Aaron, Day 3

Brunch at the Tiburon Peninsula Club  Sunday. Folks I know in the photo.  Nephew Tyler, shirt over shoulder, newlywed Becky, niece Megan, brown hair, sister Clare, red hair, nephew Evan, cup in hand.

 Earlier, breakfast basket at the Best Western
Room pics.
Check out, drive to Tiburon.
Nice view on the drive to Tiburon. Also available by bike.  There's a path between the road and San Francisco Bay.
Since I had already eaten, I just had a glass of OJ, half a bagel with salmon.  Not lox, big salmon fillets on the buffet
.
Had to save room for birthday cake. My Mom's 86th. She already had birthday greetings at Mass.  My sister, Clare mentioned it to the priest on the way into church and he announced it to the congregation.
Aunt Carol eyes another cake.  She also served as Mom's eyes on the trip from Milwaukee. Thank you so much.
Two cakes, for two birthdays.  Aaron's brother, Ian, turned 20.
The father of the bride can't stop smiling.
Nor can Great Grammy at Phin.
Nephew  Arlo and sister-in-law Eileen, who said she did not think I had any photos of her. 

Cousin Charlie was talking to Arlo, saying, after Arlo's Key West wedding, Becky's San Francisco wedding, we need another wedding in a fun place, with Victorian architecture... I butted in "New Orleans"  Exactly, said Charlie.  I turned to Uncle Fred, who has two lovely, college age grand daughters, in, New Orleans.   Who knows..........

The newlyweds were off to Yosemite.   At the reception, we sat at tables with photos of Becky and Aaron at different parks. I sat at the Trinty Alps Wilderness table.
Drive over the Richardson Bridge to the airport.  On the way over, I thought it was a small bridge, just 4 lanes.  Guess I wasn't wondering where the oncoming traffic was. It is a double decker.
Last look at the California coast.
I think this is reservoir.
With a canal bring water down from the Coastal Range into the Central Valley.
Sierra Nevada

Nevada
Back home after 2 am Monday.  What a weekend, what a couple, what a family.

1 comment:

Brenda M said...

Nice pics! BTW, your mother holds her age well...doesn't look at all like she could be 86!