Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Becky and Aaron, Day One

Another family wedding. Becky is the second daughter of my eldest brother, Chris. Who I asked if there were a lot of fender benders on this stretch of road in Tiburon, California.

12.5 hours. "Portal to portal" as my Dad used to say.   From my door in Winter Park, FL, to Aaron's Mom's door in Tiburon, Ca.  Including a two hour lay over in Kansas City and 5 PM traffic out of the Oakland Airport.
This was just my 3rd visit to northern California.  The first, 1984, or 85, for Chris and  Anne's wedding. The second, July, 2001, for the San Fransisco Marathon. On those trips I crossed the San Francisco Bay on the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge.  This time, the Richmond Bridge.
I got to the street the cocktail reception was on and drove up, up, up to the top.  Turned around, went past a few houses until I heard party noises and saw my nephew Jack.
If the City of Tiburon could underground the power lines, there might be a good view.
Here's a better view. Niece, Anna, cousin Charlie's daughter, Kiernan.
More view blockage. That would be me.
Nephew Evan and great nephew Phineas playing in traffic.
Can't understand the look on Becky's face.  Jim B. is a renowned author.
Headed to dinner at Sam's Anchor Cafe.
Proud parents  Anne and  Chris toast their good fortune.
Checking out the boats.
And views.
And so ends day one. Great to meet Aaron's family and friends, and reacquaint with my family.  Most of who I saw three weeks ago at Arlo and Ashley's wedding.  Only one next generation from me cousin
did not make it.  Aidan, we missed you. Also missed brother Andy. And, Elena's Aaron.who now may need to be referred to as "Fishing Aaron", and Becky's Aaron as "Hiking Aaron"


No comments: