Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Orlando Wetlands Park

Rain continued this morning, thanks to now Tropical Depression Debby, so no pre-work kayaking.  Work has been depressinging.  I needed a nature fix.  So I headed to Orlando Wetlands Park.  What better place to go when everything is saturated?
The drive took longer than expected, and a wet lens lead to lousy photos







Short walk, about an hour. I usually bike here, but figured it would not be a good morning to bike. I was right, trail is in ok shape for walking, but biking, I would have splashed mud all over.

3 comments:

Luis said...

You said nature fix. I laughed when read that. That is what I said to my wife last Saturday when went for this same place: "See you later. I am going for my nature fix. Sure you do not want to come with me?"

Joanne said...

Isn't it about time for you to go to Blackwater Creek and Lake Norris, now that the water is up?

Ulterior motive here: I'd like to know whether there are haul overs or portages before I go since I'm hobbling around right now.

We count on you for condition reports ;^)

Dave said...

Joanne and Luis, great minds think alike.

But for the rain on Sunday, I would have gone to Lake Norris after my rain and tree downed shortend paddle in the SSF section of Blackwater Creek.