Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rock Springs Run

A wet afternoon on Rock Springs Run, Tuesday after a half day at work. Saw five deer.
Raining as I launched as 10 after 2.

 
 
 


The deer in the first photo, right side, just before the tree canopy up Run of Big Buck.
 
 
Turned around at 4:15
Two distant deer in this photo. If you squint, the brown color through the branches down Run are the deer.





Photos aren't the best.  Rain makes for a foggy lens


 
 
 
 
4 other boats on the water.  A canoe coming in as I headed out, a canoe headed towards Wekiva Springs at the end of the day.  Its four occupants were a bit noisy, so I drifted down the Wekiva fpr a minute or two until they were out or earshot.  Most interesting were two camping kayakers.  I saw them unloading as I arrived at the Park. By the time I set off, they were gone.  I passed them on the way up Rock Springs Run.  They were in Otter kayaks.  Small, if you are not familiar with the brand.   Indian Mound Camp had two tents.  But, no one was there when I passed on the way up Run.  On the way back, the two kayakers were there.  Added a tarp over the bench.  My question, which I did not ask as the current pushed me by quickly was, Did they drive into Rock Springs Run State Reserve, hike to the campsite, pitch the tents, hike out, drive to Wekiwa Springs State Park, and launch the kayaks?
 
I landed at 7.
 
A walk on the Wet to Dry Trail hoping to see a deer. No such luck.
 
 
The boardwalk is slippery when wet.  I fell.

No comments: