Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wekiva River and Blackwater Creek

Just after 8 am Sunday morning, ready to go to Katie's Landing.  The car was not.  I figured it was the battery.  AAA came, tested it, sold me a  new one.  If a battery dies, no better place then in the driveway.  This is the second time it has happened. The first, July, 2005.  When, surprise, I was prepared to go kayaking. Alexander Creek, that day. 
This time, I was on the water at 10:30.
Sandhill crane.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

All this in the short paddle to Wekiva Haven.  Less than a mile down River from Katie's Landing.  I continued on.

 
 
 

 
Arrived at Blackwater Creek, 12:05
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My break spot is not as big this time of year.
Bear toilet
 
 
 
Back on the Wekiva
 
 
 
 
When I first saw this gator, I thought, that's a big log.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
No the first time a hawk has picked this wood duck nesting box for a perch
 
Landed a bit after 3:30
 
Took a short walk
 
 Lots of deer tracks in the soft trail, but no sightings on my two mile walk.
 
 Trail markers, combined with a trail map, let you know how far you went. 

No comments: