Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rock Springs Run

Well, it took until 9 PM Thursday to finish the Yak Tales from my Flagler Beach camping weekend.  On Tuesday, I worked half a day, and launched from Wekiwa Springs State Park into the Wekiva River at 1:57.



 
 
 
 
 
 

Lots of sunning reptiles
 
 
I was now on Rock Springs Run
 
 
 
 
The Run is running lower.  And clearer.  I guess summer is over.
 
 
 
 
 
Heard something scraping  on the bank.  Thought small birds.  A bit further up Run I heard it again. Saw the source.

Teeny gators
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Turned back at 3:54.  Upstream of Big Buck camp, past the big pine tree, not quite to where the tree canopy closes in again, 
 
 
 
Bird on a doe.  Two deer here
 
 
 3 more
 
 
I did not think Florida had seasons, until I began kayaking.
 
 
Three more deer
Seven for the afternoon.  I have a goal of seeing 10 deer each time  I paddle Rock Springs Run.  Just 3 to go.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The deer count stayed at 7.  Alligator, with the nest, around 15.
 
Landed just before 5:30.  One bad thing about living in Florida, when the weather is the finest, the days are the shortest.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: