Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Wekiva River


 
And a little it on Blackwater Creek.  I worked this morning, Saturday, December 8, 2012,  and the days are too short to get a long paddle in after launching at 1:00 PM.  My timing was perfect.  The last canoes were being tied down on a trailer.  A large trailer.  There had been a race in the morning.
 
Blue heron
Moorhen
Anhinga
 
Great blue heron
 
Turtle
 
   
 
Deer
 
  A pair of does, river right.  I wasn't even to Wekiva Haven.
 
 
 
Blue heron
Eastern phoebe
Alligator
 
 
 
 
Otter. Center, in front of the white spot on the log.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Belted kingfisher
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I slowly made my way down River.  Saw just one other boat, a jon boat.
 
Blackwater Creek, 3PM
 

Turned around at 3:13.
 
Back on the Wekiva, 3:24
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A lot of reptiles took advantage of a warm sunny day.  Storing energy for cool days to come.
 
 
I saw a group of three deer, but was unable to get any photos.
 
 
Just one boat on the way up River. A local couple in  a pontoon boat powered by an  old Evinrude.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Saw two kayak anglers, shortly before landing.
 
Super vivid setting works fine with fall colors
As well as sunset.
 
Setting sun through the trees at my car, 5:20 PM.  Another fine afternoon on the water.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

  •  
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: