Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Wekiva River and Blackwater Creek



Happy New Year. 
Turkeys scurrying about at Katie's Landing  Or is that Congress?
Began paddling down the Wekiva River at 8:14




Decked dock

A splash to my left.  I paused.Several more splashes as two otters engaged in play.  Or, foreplay.
















































Arrival,  Blackwater Creek, 10:13










Company. Joanne, and Pam, coming down the Creek.  We exchanged New Year's greetings, and photos. Sorry, but you will need
facebook to see me

















I turned around at noon

This makeshift bench has been on the Creek for years






m; margin-right: 1em;"&g;










This deer did the sneeze/snort thing that deer do.  Then bounded away. Not far, turned back to look at me, sneeze/snorting more.  Longer and louder than I have ever heard
 These little gators were just before the high bank break spot.

 Had a sandwich, then got back on the Creek







If you like the otter pictures, you'll love this this


 Wood stork

Back on the Wekiva at 2:00








I warmed up enough that I removed my windbreaker






Landed at 4.
Went for a mile and a half walk


The day ended as it began.

Speaking of turkeys, I listened to the first quarter of the Rose Bowl as I drove home.  Saw a deer on Wekiva Park Drive.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Pam and I saw otters three times, and neither of us got a picture. Good job, Dave, especially the video.