Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Blackwater Creek

It may be awhile before I get back to this Wednesday morning paddle.  Still have 2 1/2 days of vacation Tales to complete.
Saturday night,  Sweetwater/Cedar Keys Tales are finished.
I have not paddled anyplace other than the Winter Park Chain on Weds. mornings since I moved to a new office in October.  But, I had a permit that expired on 2-28-13, and and urge to lock a gate behind me.  So, when I woke at 6:30, I took a quick shower and was on my way to the Seminole State Forest.

On Blackwater Creek at 7:50

Paddled up Creek

My favorite campsite.   Moccasin Spring.





There are at least two channels. One is blocked by plants
 The other by fallen trees. 8:30, headed down stream

 Must have rained.  Green resurrection ferns.


Under the bridge




Saw some baby gators scurry down the bank, into the Creek
 A huge gator just slid off the bank before I took the above photo.  A second entered, a bit down Creek.  Time to turn around.  9:59.  I planned on turning back at 10.




I saw the hat first.  Has to be Joanne B.  It was. With a couple friends.
 Li'l gator
Landed just before 11.  I was able to stop at home to get shoes.  I had forgot them.  Good to know I can do that, stop at home that is, after a morning paddle before going to the new office.  Means when the weather heats up, I can get in a quick post paddle shower

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Someday my hat may be as famous as Lars Andersen's hat, thanks to you!