Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha


A nice short Wednesday morning paddle.  Only marred by the assholes behind the mallards.
An asshole is an asshole whether it is a jet skier blasting through an Idle Speed zone, or paddle boarders parking in a No Parking area, on grass.  The paddle boarders piss me off more.  They probably think, oh, we are one with nature. I think their yogi worships a hamburger.  It was 9:15.

Wood duck family








 Always a treat to see a pelican 50 miles inland


Also good to see an otter








 In my eight years kayaking these lakes I do not think I have seen eight alligators.  This one, stalking the wood ducks, is the biggest











Landed just after 11.    I will greet you from Cedar Key, Saturday.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

So Dave, where are we paddling on Monday?
Or, you could come paddle with Lars and others on Sunay on the Wacasassa and Wekiva :^)

Dave said...

Same place I always paddle the last day of a Cedar Key weekend. Setting out from the City Beach around 11 am, then going where the spirit moves and seas allow.
Low tide is at noon
2013-03-18 Mon 12:11 EDT 1.23 feet Low Tide
2013-03-18 Mon 18:13 EDT 3.33 feet High Tide
2013-03-18 Mon 19:42 EDT Sunset
Light chop forecast. Yesterday the marine forecast Sat-Mon was smooth.

Creature of habit that I am, I will paddle the Wacasassa and Wekiva Saturday morning on the way to Cedar Key