Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rock Springs Run

What did you expect for an opening photo on Palm Sunday?  A windy forecast, so I went to the usual place when that happens.  Wekiwa Spings State Park and Rock Springs Run.

On the water at 10 after 9

Otter. The rain stopped

 Wood ducks on Rock Springs Run
 I saw two deer.  If I had a long distance ultra sound, I may have seen 4 deer. Does with child.  They slowly walked away before I got close enough for a picture.




 Swallowtail kite
Two deer

 Turned around at 11:10







 Back on the Wekiva







Landed at 1:10. Stopped halfway up the hill for an apple and granola bar.
 I did not share.
I wanted to take a hike. Went up the rest of the hill, loaded the yak, drove to Sand Lake. It began to rain. Lightning.  I went home.  Hard rain on I-4   Not as hard as Saturday on Haulover Canal

No comments: