Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

Arrived at Fort Maitland Park this morning.  Got the kayak off the car, placed it on the bank.  Drove to the parking area.  Put on aqua sox, got the PFD and paddle out of the back of the car. Picked the water bottle off the front seat, and..... no camera.  So, went home to get it.  Had to go to the bathroom, and thought, I'll go at the Park.  Back to the Park, parked, walked to the kayak, restroom on the way  A City of Maitland maintenance worker going in.  Leaving the door open.   Oh, oh.  "We have to turn the water off"  Good thing I know there are also restrooms across the street at Lake Lilly Park.   So off I went.  A street with 6 lanes of morning rush hour traffic.  I finally got on the water at 8:57.




 Sugar Magnolia








Muscovy duck.  I call them "commies"   But they are from Latin America, not Moscow.  Nevertheless, I found it funny that a nearby dock had a Fallout Shelter sign



















 The anhinga on the lower post tried to get on the rail where the other one perched.
It failed







Landed at 10:35.

Looking forward to the Holiday Weekend.  Getting out of work at 12:30, Friday.  First stop, Alexander Springs, and Creek.  Then to the Mill Dam Lake Resort on Mill Dam Lake in the edge of the Ocala National Forest for 3 nights. Where I stayed about a month ago. The Silver River and Juniper Creek await.  I'll make a day trip to Cedar Key.  Stay tuned.

No comments: