Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

The usual Wednesday morning paddle on a windy Maitland half of the Winter Park Chain.
 Under way at 8:45











The canal and small Lake Nina offer protection from the wind.





The Fallout Shelter sign I mentioned last week. Which got me thinking.  With no basements, what did Florida use for for fallout shelters during the Cold War?








 A brief shower.  I kept my sunglasses on.












Dark and stormy Lake Maitland.  Threatening skies, no rain.




Landed at 10:25

4 comments:

Luis said...

I miss the otters on these posts. Used to be an almost sure thing.

Dave said...

Luis, I'll find one just for you.

Luis said...

I said it because some of the best otter pics I have seen are from these paddles at the chain of lakes.

17 Perth said...

Love these photos..especially the one of the kayak going through the tunnel/bridge. And good point about fall-out shelters. Lol. Never thought of that before.