Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, July 15, 2013

Cedar Key Day 3

Pictures from the balcony, 6:30 AM


I went back to bed
Began the traditional walking tour at 8:10.







 How many pelicans?

Three.  Same railing,different angle.





























 My balcony from the outside.

And in.  9:05 AM.  Is there more scenic and diverse 55 minute walk?  Well, besides Lake Park
I packed, showered, had a hearty breakfast of a bagel and snapper, made a brief entry in the room log and finished Sunday's Tale.  Checked out, and moved the car for the first time since I arrive Saturday morning.  Across the street and was on the water at 11:20
Once again, an east wind produced some waves, but nothing like Sunday, or even earlier in the morning.  But, after a photo of Dock Street, I turned into the wind, so it would be behind me on the return, and paddled to the Number 2 Channel





This spoonbill was near the Old Fennimore Mill dock, just inside the channel




Low tide
Spoonbills on the oyster bars




The opening photo of  the Tale, from the other side.


The avocets were still present







150 horse, 1 bird.



I hope this was a heavy load of clams, not a leak.
 Several magnificent frigate birds rode the thermals near the Number 3 Bridge


I turned around.  Had to go to work.  I also was taking it easy as my right shoulder and side were sore.  Still is at 7:45 PM Tuesday. Must have pulled something, or just a strain.



Did not see any dolphins.
 Great blue heron found shade


The Legend of Sleepy Key





















 Great, time to go, and now the Gulf is flat as a pancake.  And I had to head east in the car.  If you are from the Midwest, and over 45 you may have thought of this
Oyster catchers



Black skimmers


 Astena Otie Key
Seahorse Key in the distance
 The Honeymoon Cottage is falling apart.  I mean, more than before




 I knew where to find dolphins.  Knowledge like this comes from 18 visits to Cedar Key since July, 2009.  I searched the archives on Friday night.  Also made a couple visit BY.  Before Yak

Landed just before 2:00.  Loaded the kayak, showered, outside beach shower, changed, nice big handicap stall with a baby changing station to lay my clothes on, and headed to work.



158 miles, made it to work on time at 5 PM.   Next time in the kayak, Saturday, after working in the morning. Unless I go before then.

No comments: