Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, July 5, 2013

Seminole State Forest, Blackwater Creek

I created my own 4 day 4th of July weekend by getting the kayak out on Blackwater Creek after work today, Friday,July 5, 2013.
Underway at 6:22.  Blackwater Creek has risen since yesterday.  Then, I had to stretch my arm to touch the bridge as I passed beneath.  Today, tapped it with elbow bent.

 







Saw, I think, a black crowned night heron, just before the above great blue. The night heron also was airborne. The only birds spotted.


Turned around at 7:17



Saw four gators, got photos of three.

I went past the launch fora few minutes, came back, landed at 8:06.
 Wanted some daylight so I'd see deer and bears on the way out.  Must be behind me.  Lots of standing water on the road.
 A couple pics at Bear Pond after locking the gate behind me.


No comments: