Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, August 16, 2013

Mill/Dam/Lake/Weekend,Day/One

The/Weekend/was/officially/underway/at/7:22/PM,EDT,when/kayak/met/water/on/Mill/Dam/Lake.
Clocked/out/of/work/at/5:17,a/75/mile/drive/to/the/Mill/Dam/Lake/Resort.





The/Lake/is/higher/than/it/was/Memorial/Day/Weekend.//How/much?
Enough/that/two/fishing/boats/landed/at/the/ramp/at/the/Mill/Dam/Lake/Recreation/Area.
Last/time/4WD/was/needed/as/the/ramp/was/behind/a/large/sandy/area.
 Great/blue/heron/in/flight.
As/it/was/the/only/animal/I/saw(other/than/a/few/jumping/fish),I/had/to/follow.








After/a/rainy/drive/thinking/bad/thoughts/about/people/not/going/the/speed/limit(made/up/for/it/going/70
on/55mph/Highway40,it/was/nice/to/have/serenity.





Approaching/the"Resort"
My/original/reservation/was/for/Saturday/and/Sunday.//Two/days/ago/I/decided
to/start/the/weekend/early.//At/$49.50/a/night,I/can/do/it.
Landed/at/8:10
Thinking/of/the/Silver/River,and,Cedar Key,Saturday.

No comments: