Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rock/Springs/Run


I/am fortunate/to/have/Wekiwa/Springs/State Park/in my/backyard.//Well,if my/yard were/12miles/wide.
It/took me/until late/Friday night/to finish/4days/of/Cedar Key/Tales.//I/had not/given/a/lot of/thought
about where/to go/today.//Perfect/time to/go to/Rock/Springs/Run
 High water.//This is/a/boardwalk,not/a/dock
A/wee bit foggy/as/I/set out/at7:30.
Green heron

Down the/WekivaRiver
 Up/Rock Springs/Run

 Ibis
Blueheron


 Turkey


Anhinga
 Turnedaound/at9:36
TheRun/extendingup/the/BigBuck/landing


 IndianMoundCamp

OtterCamp



One/of/two/lifejackets/I/picked up.//One/from/Kings Landing,the other/WekivaIsland.
Downstream/from both,bottles,sandwich,disposable camera//Funny how/those most
likely/to tip,renters,are often/least likely/to wear/their/PFD.

Tiger'swallowtail


 Back to/the/Wekiva




Turtles only/on the/lagoon/gator log.
Landed/at/5to12//Not/very crowed/for/a/Saturday.

What/I/removed/from/the/water.//What/dumbass/buys/little/waterbottles?
I/kept the/cleaner,and smaller,lifejacket.//Under/the/law/of/salvage.//Finders keepers,
losers weepers.

Stopped/halfway up/the hill..Had/a/sandwich.
As/I/tied the/kayak down/on the/roof,
JoanneB.arrived.//Gave/me/a/present

Bike ride/to/Sand Lake

On my/feets



I/was/on/a/blue blazed/spur trail/I/had/not/hiked/before.
 Wonder/if/the/rusty barrel/is/a/legacy/of/the/Apopka/Sportsman'sClub,days.



More industrial/ruins


 Camp Cozy
Equiseat,eques...horse camp
 Gophertortise

75/minute walk
 Tried to/outrun/the rain/back to/the main/park area

Headed,home.skipping/a/dip/in/the/Spring.//It had/gotten
crowded,not to/mention lightning.

No comments: