Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lakes Maitland, Nina, and Minnehaha

With new camera.

On Lake Maitland at 8:30. I was testing a paddle.  The non cracked half of my Harmony paddle paired with a Carlisle paddle.   The Harmony is lighter than the Carlisle, so mating them makes a lighter paddle. Important, as I plan to kayak a lot in Cedar Key, Friday through Monday.   If I'm nice, I'll let a friend use the light, carbon, Aquabound.

 Muscovy duck in flight


Blur is a wood duck taking off




 Hawk on tiki torch
First limpkin I have seen on the lakes for a while. Probably due to summer water levels.  They feed along the shore.





Approaching the covered....wait, where is it? http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/orange-county/covered-bridge-collapses-on-truck-in-maitland/-/12978032/22438944/-/7sy6bx/-/index.html

It has been repaired before. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1985-04-24/news/0290240007_1_bridge-horatio-council-members














Just is not the same.












First bald eagle photo on the Chain since 9-8-11. I have seen them, just no photos


It took flight again, flying across Lake Maitland to Dog Island.  I followed.  It landed, still there when I arrived, unable to get a pic through the pines.  It took off again, towards the south end of the Lake.  Having to work, I went the other way, back to Fort Maitland Park.
Landed at 10:50


No comments: