Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cedar Key to Manatee Springs

Woke to temps in the 40s and winds in the 20s





I waited until 7:40 before taking my traditional last day walk. Put on a windbreaker. Shorts



Thanks to whoever left their sailboat moored all weekend long.


















Being able to fit under the bridge is not the only reason boaters use the outer ramp.

Not much depth at low tide.

























 Building below used to be a bait shop. With the  "Live and  Frozen Kayaks" sign. Now a restaurant.












My balcony



I was thinking of avoiding the wind by putting the kayak in on the channel at the Old Fennimore Mill.  But, standing on the Nature's Landing dock, even the channel had occasional whitecaps.

I like Unit 331, but I may try an end unit next time. Front and side balcony with views.







Back home after a 70 minute stroll
 Clams and lobster. Its whats for breakfast
View from the table.  Checked out at 11. Not sure of where I would go. Other than being at work at 5.
 Two windy at the Number 4 Bridge Ramp.
Maybe McCormick Creek, in the Lower Suwanee Wildlife Refuge.
 Maybe not.
Off to Manatee Springs State Park.

No hunting in State Parks



 I think I have seen deer every time I have visited Manatee Springs.

Have yet to see a manatee






 The spring run is 1/4 mile to the Suwannee River







Short walk on  trail behind the spring


 Did not get on the water, but did get in.












Last photo of the swim.  No one else in the water.

Another walk to the Suwannee



Probably the same deer I saw on the way in. Near the same spot.  The Sinks Trail

Not bad from the car.  Last pic at 2:22.  Clocked in at work at 5.  Ending a wonderful birthday weekend.

4 comments:

Luis said...

If that is the only pic of the post is still a heck of a post!!!!!! Great opening. That place is beautiful.

Brenda M said...

That first pic is a killer! Just stunning shot of the spring.

Unknown said...

MUST you rub it in??!?!?!?!

no ;) - beautiful pictures!!! looks like I missed out on a great time!!!

hope you had a great birthday :D

Dave said...

Thank you all.