Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Lakes/Maitland,Nina,andMinnehaha



Launch,from/FortMaitlandPark,into/LakeMaitland,8:50.




When/the/bigger/hawk/first/landed,I/thought,eagle and/hawk?///Then,hawk and/leaves.
Saw/it was/two hawks.//That is/when the/bald eagle/flew/out of/the trees.//I/missed the/photo.

Drizzle on/Lake Nina










Belted/kingfisher.//Interrupts/the/LakeMinnehaha/anhinga/parade.












Grackle

 Back to/LakeMaitland


Scanned the/tops of/pines/for eagles/as/I/paddled to/Dog Island.
 Pie billed/grebe
The/bald eagles,3,were far/above the/treetops.//A/trio rode/the thermals.




Landed/just before/11.
Next stop,Cedar Key.//Long birthday/weekend.//Starting,Saturday.//Which reminds/me to
thank,Chris,Clare,Dan,Dave,Jackie,Jim,Tom,Mike,Mom,Monica,Steve,Teri,who in/2005,
got together/and bought/a/camera/for my/birthday.

No comments: