Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lakes Maitland and Osceola

Dave's Pack Tales.  I was changing footwear when this drove by.  An omen of good things to come.
 On Lake Maitland at 8:30.



 Dog Island.
Two weeks ago, there was a bald eagle.  Today, crows.



Hidden hawk

I retraced the paddle I did two weeks ago.  When camera and laptop were stolen.  So I was unable to share most of the pictures I took that day.
 Isle of Sicily bridge





Kraft Azalea Gardens
Cheesehead and Kraft.  I looked up the founder of Kraft Foods.  James, not George
Into the Venetian Canal








 Just a peak at Lake Osceola  before heading back


 

I told myself not to take a lot of photos in the canal.

I have no willpower





 












 Winter residents have arrived.  Buffleheads. ( I think)
Two weeks ago, I watched great egrets fly from the Kraft Azalea Gardens to Dog Island.  I took many pictures of them, and more, on the Island.  Only the thief has seen them.  Today, the birds were along the east shore.

 








 Red tailed hawks on Dog Island.  ID thanks to the friends of Joanne B.






 Pie billed grebe.
Landed at 10:30.

No comments: