Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, November 14, 2014

Cedar Key 11-14-14

Waiting for the sunrise.
6:46 AM

Chilly. Went back inside for a cap and jacket
 6:59 it appeared


 
 

 

 
Let things warm up a bit, on the water at 9:07
 
 

 Black skimmers have a habit of taking off, and landing in the same spot
 

 

 I think I went past the wreck in the Number 2 Channel once. On Wednesday, or Thursday.  The rest of by stay, I was never out at high tide.
 Looking for something, bait, chum, in the oyster beds.  On my Sunday walk, a guy fishing on the Big Dock had a bucket of oyster shells and other debris. He was using it as chum to attract sheepshead
 

 

 



 
 

 
Photo bomber

 


 

 

A pile of discarded clam debris.  As mentioned in yesterday's Tale with the kiosk photo of how it is recycled back into the Gulf. 
 This is not recycled material
 
 When the white pelicans were farther away from this, I thought, is that a house?
Carefully paddled in the shallow water to get a closer view

 

 

 

Looking for eagles in the Scale Key pines. Did not see any.

 

 
 The Number 3 bridge is a popular fishing spot
 

 

 


 

 





 

 
 

 

 

 
 

 
 
 

CMAN site.  NOAA weather station



 

 
 Landed at 12:12.  To 331 for lunch.
Checking on the kayak, 2:30.
 Thought of biking to Southern Cross Seafood for dinner fixins, but my backpack is down to one strap.  A bag of clams is heavy.
 

 
I went to Sandy's Produce
 I usually get medium clams.  But, the small clam I had at the Island Room as part of the Seafood Boil were tasty.  So I went with those.  And bay scallops.
 

 
 Back in the yak at 3:30
 
 Paddled out to Atsena Otie


Looking for eagles

 
 Someone needs to tell this asshole its a Wildlife Refuge
 

 
Osprey

37 minute gap between photos.  It was wavy.
 And windy. Viking weather
 

 

I'll probably hit this piling later, I thought.

 
I worried I would not see the sunset from the kayak, but the wind died.

Let the show begin!

Trying to replicate the Yak Tales cover
 

 

 





 
 And then
 it was
gone
 

 

 
 
Landed at 5:50
 Dinner.  In addition to clams and scallops, it has bacon, red onion, summer squash.  In tomato sauce, over bow tie pasta
 
 
 

No comments: