Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cedar Key Sunday

Last day of the birthday weekend
 Sunrise thorough the clouds
 

 


 
Not an upside down sunset.  Rising into a cloud bank
 Outside now. View through a gazebo at City Park
Set out on the traditional last day walking tour.

Always looking for new detail to share

 

 

 
 

 

 

Every spring there is an informal small boat meet in Cedar Key.  Looks like there may be a fall one, too.


 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 
 
This place went from French tacos, (crepes) to Mexican.

 
 Garden down a narrow alley
 
 

I have wondered why these phones have been in the same spot for years.
 Phillips screws
 



 
 


Back at Park Place.  I forgot to ask if the flags are new. I think they are.
 For a crazy guy, he knew beauty
 
 Last view from the balcony. Until Christmas.  I asked Linda at the office if they could use a calendar.   Gave her one of my limited edition Paddling.net calendars with my Honeymoon Cottage sunset photo.  As I was tying down the kayak for the long drive across the street, she came out the back door.  Calendar in hand.  "Look at what Mr. Cannon gave us!" to the housekeeping staff.  I think she liked it.
 On the water at 11:03
 

Dolphins

 






 Too bad I don't have a picture of a dolphin leaping out of the water. Only the memory.
 

 



 



 




 
I thought I saw an eagle land in this tree on Atsena Otie Key

 Did not see it.

 

 
No one watching the nest

 




 Paddling to Snake Key
 

 

 
 
 
 Redheaded ducks.
 

 

 
 

 
 Channel in Snake Key
 

 
Always happy to get a belted king fisher to stop for a moment

 


 

 

Not a bad spot to take a break

 



 

 
 

 

 


 Landed at 2:50
Unable to get on line from City Park.  Went across the street to Park Place.  Sat at an outdoor patio.  WI FI slow, but I posted a couple photos.
 Back in the yak, 4:05
 

Blue winged teal

 

 



 Scale Key eagle
 Dog Island
 

 

 
 Not a NASA project
 

 
 




 

 



 


 


 


 Landed at 5:45
Last photo, 6:13.  Took me more than a week to compose the Cedar Key Birthday weekend.  Which means, on November 24, just over a month until I return on Christmas Day.  Hopefully trips to those other Keys, and Sanibel, and other places, will make it a short wait
 
More to come222

No comments: