Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, November 7, 2014

Sanibel Monday

After a quiet breakfast at the condo, as nephew Jack was sleeping on the couch, I was off to the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge.

Wildlife Drive

On the water at 8:20.
Launched from the same spot I had all weekend.  The second launch point on Wildlife Drive.  Thought about going in at the first, but as I needed to watch the clock, I went with the familiar.  I have only put in at the first launch, once.  In December, when I am back at Sanibel for 8 days, I'll have more time to explore.








 Old friends at the spoonbill spot




 
 Back to spoonville
 

 

 

 


 

 

 



I forgot to mention a loon I saw, and heard, on Sunday.  Saw it again today, but from afar.  I wanted to get video Sunday.   For the call. But it kept going under.
 

Landed at 10:45
 Drive out of the Refuge


 Back at the quiet end of the island
Going back to the condo was much better than my orginal plan for Monday.  Showering at a hotel pool shower and changing in a public restroom.  Sure am glad my brother and a small part of his family came down.
 Relaxed lunch on the balcony before packing and showering.
You can stay here.  See the Sanibel Rental condo link on the right.  Act fast, only 2 weeks open between now and May.

 On the Causeway at 1:01.
Clocked in at work at 4:43.    I'll be back in 5 weeks.

No comments: