Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sanibel Sunday, November 2, 2014

 A brief tour of the outside of the Residence Inn



 Not sure if this was before or after a hearty breakfast of waffles, sausage patties, biscuit and sausage gravy, honeydew melon, oj, and coffee.
 
After a stop at Publix for cinnamon bread and Nance's mustard, I was off to Ding Darling
 
 

 Wildlife Drive

 
Alligator
 
 On the water at 9:50
 

 
 

 
 Wood storks
 

 

 

 
 The spoonbills were not in the spot the first time I went by.

 


 
 

 

Landed, 10 after 12


View through the screen at my brother's condo.
 I know those fishermen
Had some lunch.  BBQ that my brother and family bought at the Farmer's Market after church.  With fresh pickles.
 Beach walk
 

 

 

 





 


 
 






 

 

 


 
 
 Royal palms line MacGregor Blvd for miles in Fort Myers.  We, Pat, Eileen, Jack and I were on the way to Pincher's Crab Shack to meet Pete and Jackie for dinner
 
 Jackie wanted a view and seafood for her birthday dinner.  She declined my invitation to go kayaking.  She, Pete and I did go last year.
From 4 to 7, shrimp, oysters, clams and wings are .70 cents each. We had a bunch.  The birthday girl had stone crab, Eileen had a grouper sandwich.  Jack went with popcorn shrimp.  I forget what Pat and Pete had.  I had scallops.  And a cup of "Tony's Stew".  More impressive on the menu than in reality.http://www.pinchersusa.com/soup-pot.php
 
 The pilings are from Thomas Edison's dock
Ironic how the inventor of the light bulb choose as spot on the Calossahatchee River with wonderful natural light


 

 
After dinner, a visit to the condo in Fort Myers where Pete and Jackie are staying.  Jack taught Pete and I how to play UNO. And won.  He is smarter than us.  Will be taking the ACT.  In seventh grade.
 
Back to Sanibel, where I spent the night at Pat and Eileen's (and the Bennetts) condo.

1 comment:

Brenda M said...

GORGEOUS opening shot!!!