Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, December 15, 2014

Sanibel Day 3

 
 
 
 
Monday morning. Launched from the Causeway at 9:15

 
 Woodring Point.  My destination, Tarpon Bay, beyond the Point. Saw a dolphin as I paddled across.
 
 A lot going on with this channel marker.
 

 

 
Great Calusa Blueway  marker

 
The last of old time Sanibel

 

Rookery islands



 

 



 
 



 




 A pair of dolphins competed with a pair of humans for fish

 I tried to time my arrival at Commodore Creek between groups coming from the Tarpon Bay rental concession













 

 

 

 



 
The trail was pretty busy for a Monday, but I was able to avoid any people in my photos.

 Cormorant lunch
 

 


 










 



 

 

 



 Lunch stop

 On my way again



 
Max zoom, above. Still a long way to go. 22 minute to the next photo.
 

Landed shortly after 2.
 Me, not the pelican

Back to SIBC



 


 
 The gang went for a boat ride.





 
 Manatee!
We were headed to Pine Island.  Our captain said the channel is a good place for dolphins.  I knew that. http://davesyaktales.blogspot.com/2011/01/pine-island-day-2.html


 The Yak Tales dolphins were on the west side of Pine Island.  Today we motored on the east side.
 



 





 

 
I got one good video.  Karen B. got several




 
 











The day ended with games and an appetizer spread at Chris A's condo.  I had a slice of Indian Head Country.  Door County was gone.
 

No comments: