Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sanibel Day Five


Sky looking beautiful from the balcony. 


I was about to go outside when, Olivia, my great niece, came out and asked if she could look for shells with me.  I said yes, but thought it would be a good idea she put a shirt on.  At the same moment, I decided my pajama bottoms might not be appropriate attire.  Sanibel is fancy.
 Properly attired, we ventured outside.   View from the boardwalk to the beach
Miss Sunshine


Breakfast, and I was off to Ding Darling.
 White pelicans from Wildlife Drive
On the water from launch site 2 at 9:40
 Into the "lake"

On to Pine Island Sound





 



 
 Wulfert Keys

 

 









 


 Back on the Wildlife Drive side.  There is a three way stop as you leave Wildlife Drive. Look right, there is a bridge. 
This one.

 
 Gator
 


 Wildlife Drive

 


Bridge ornaments


Residential canal.  I've seen manatee here. Not today.
 

 



 

Always feel like an expert photographer when I capture a belted kingfisher.

 

 

 

 
 Went to my spoonbill spot, which had been unproductive earlier in the week. And remained so.
 
 Hidden heron

 Getting busy as I returned to the launch, 1 PM

 Bridges seen from the kayak, earlier.

 




Evan and the boys
 Also saw dolphins as a group of us walked to Pat and Mike's friends Bruce's boat.



 
 

 Niece Meagan soaks it all in.
 Bruce's son, right







 

 Someone, maybe Jeff B., below, said, "You really get a different perspective out here". I need to get Jeff out in the kayak.

 

Bruce and son depart 
Two of my favorite things

 
 Dinner was outside

Olivia and Phineas had a remedy for the mosquitos
 
 

No comments: