Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Sanibel Day Two

View from the balcony. 7:02 am


 Olivia is an early riser.  Breakfast, and I was off to Ding Darling

 White pelicans
Roseate spoonbill
On the water at 8:37


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 The eagle reminds me of where I was paddling as I compose 9 days later.  I was in Pine Island Sound.
 

 

 

Another eagle

 

 
 I paddled to Blind Pass, which divides Sabibel Island from Captiva Island.   You may recall I often have trouble picking the correct channel.
This year was no exception.

The channel is marked.  But there is a point where is splits. I went the wrong way. Wrong if you are trying to get to the Gulf.

I just think of it as extra exploration experience
 A second detour before I saw the Gulf beyond the bridge
I made a brief paddle past the bridge, then turned back.

 
Trying to get a dolphin video

 
 Red mangrove, I assume
 

 

 


Yummy

 


 

 


 
 Landed at 1:15.
Phineas had no interest in hearing about my adventures. Napping after his.
 I must have been getting a sandwich or something
Before a beach walk

 

Closest to the Lighthouse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 






 
 
 


 Monica and Bill
Monica and I
 


 
 Word on the beach was the Geminid meteor shower peaked Saturday. Still impressive Sunday night, including a massive fireball.

 
 
more to come 87

No comments: