Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Rock Springs Run, Valentines Day, 2015

6313

 Turkeys on the hill above Wekiwa Springs, 7:05 AM


On the Wekiva River at 7:34. Delayed when a cotter pin that holds the wheel on the kayak cart fell off. Fortunately I had just bought spares, as I could not find it.  Unfortunately, they were in the car, so I had to go back up the hill.

 Juvenile black crowned night heron

 Most have been cool.
 Steam rising for the 72 degree water







 

 To the confluence, and up Rock Springs Run
 






 


























 I was on the water 3 hours before I saw any one.  The second group of the day approached, two young ladies in the lead.  Followed by two women. One who said, "Dave". I looked at her, thinking, friend of Frances S.,  has mother and daughter adventures all over Florida.... but her name was not coming to mind.

 "Joy E."  Of course!

Her friend, Lisa, got a picture of both of us



 



 The sign ahead marks the boundary of Wekiwa Springs State Park.. I was about to leave it.
 Past the canal to Kings Landing and up the "Emerald Cut"


Did not make it to Kelly Park. Blocake about 20  minutes up from the canal

 










I know its a lot of pics, but this is a beautiful part of the Run I don't see very often



















 

 







The "Blue Band" sign is new for me.  Must be for renters from Kings Landing who only go out and back.










 


 



 


 



 


 


 


 


 





 


 



 

 River Patrol volunteers, Patti and Joanne. What Joanne saw through her camera.



 







Landed at 4:50.  9 plus hour on the water, and not a single deer.

 So, I went on a bike ride.

 


No deer on the bike ride,either
 Still, a fine day.

 Can't argue with the sign at the BBQ joint 4 blocks from my house.
 Pulled pork dinner with a rib appetizer.  Dinner comes with 3 sides.  I choose Brunswick stew, Brunswick stew, Brunswick stew.
 

No comments: