Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, March 9, 2015

Haulover Canal

With the arrival of Daylight Savings, I have the opportunity to kayak after work.
Time stamp on the first photo is 4:19. Has to be 5:19. I was able to get to Haulover Canal early but not that early.  Still had not adjusted the time to DST.  My job had an event where we could play games, and win money, on company time.  Kayaking and my time is worth more than any sums I may have won, so I left.


Usual paddle out to Mullet Head Island






There were roseate spoonbills
 Brown pelicans

Ibis

 Great egrets


 Great blue heron
 Snowy egret, great egret, great blue heron

 







 


 









 









 White pelicans


 

 Paddled away from Mullet Head


 Side canal

 Haulover Canal






Dolphin towards the end of the Canal, through the gap in the north side



Wanta see it again?
 


 



 
 


 


 
 


This made me happy I put in at Bair's Cove










 

 
Landed at 7:47, and thought, why don't I  do this more often?  Paddle after work.  I then remembered summer thunderstorms. That is why.  Need to take advantage of the weather and long days while I can.

No comments: