Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Monday, May 4, 2015

Mead Botanical Garden

Check engine light came on. On the way to work, Monday, May 4.  So I left early.  Dealer said they were closing in 30 minutes, come back tomorrow.  I left, with the intention of going elsewhere.  The light turned off and has stayed off.  Going back to work was not appealing.  I went to Mead Garden in Winter Park. The Bartram Trail sign is new since my last visit.  10 year ago
As is the above amphitheater
The venue I remember
Wood ducks
 








 


Restoration work





 A garden needs pollinators.  Viceroys  Not monarchs.  The thick back vein is the key.

Rain barrel



 


I think the pink bird is fake



 





 
10 years ago, when I was self employed, I used to stop here during mid week bike rides.
 The boardwalk was not in good shape then.  Worse now.

 

 Smile
 


 


 
 


 






A very pleasant 90 minutes.  It is now June 7. No issues with the car.

No comments: