Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cedar Key

Just missed the sunrise.
 6:36 am was too late on June 15, 2015
For some reason I was not on the water until 10 AM
 

 Number 2 Channel
 


 


 


 
 Cemetery Point. Wondering why red pines.

 


Dolphin!

 Number 3 Bridge
 



 




 

 Kayaking around Scale Key
 


 
 Seeing the grapes reminds me I saw a couple sea turtles as I re-entered the Gulf.
 For a moment I thought, wonder if I toss the grapes on the water, will the turtles go after them, and I can get a picture?  But, that would be wrong.  Besides, I was hungry.



 

 Back in the Number 2 Channel to look for
Roseate spoonbills


 


 




 


 




 




 



 


 
 


 


 


 


 


 

 Just the spar of the wreck above the surface of the Number 2 Channel
 
 


Landed at 1:55.
 
Back on the water at 4:45

 Dolphin. Squint. You may see it.

 



 
 Yellow crowned night heron

 The wreck, almost completely underwater a few hours ago, now exposed.
 



 
 Turned back at Cemetery Point


 
 



 


 



 


 
 
Landed at 6:40
 
 Went for a beer run

More like an amble.

 
 


 


 


 


 
 
 
 8:20, bike ride.



To the airfield
 

 




 
 


 
 
 
 

No comments: