Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Haulover Canal



3660
Launched from the end of the dirt road on the north side of Haulover Canal at 8:47
Mullet Head Island
 Dolphin










 


 
 


 
 

 













 


 





 



 



 


 


 
After circling Mullet Head Island, I usually paddle across the entrance to Haulover Canal, and explore canals to the south.  But today, manatees to the north diverted my attention.


 


 


 




 


 
 


 

 Bairs Cove
 Where manatees get up close and personal
No reason to touch them

 


 
 Mosquito Lagoon


 
 Mid 20th Century ruins.  Everything had to go when NASA came in.






 
 Manatee Overlook

 
 


 


 

Landed at 12:10
 
 New information  kiosk at the curve in the dirt road.
 Scrub jay trail
 Did not see any

The view from my table at El Leoncito
 A new spot for me.
Cuban and Mexican, with a view
Complimentary chips and salsa
 
Black bean soup for the Cuban
 Enchilada and taco for the Mexican

NASA's Vehicle Assembly Building. I asked my waiter what is was like here during the Space Shuttle days.  Busy,


 The red roofed building is a B&B

 




 
Potential future rocket launch, kayak, and dinner location.


 
 

2 comments:

Luis said...

I was going through the pending posts. You have an impressive backlog there Master Dave. :)

Dave said...

And continuing to back up. Having my computer down almost 2 full days does not help. Nor does kayaking 4 days a week. ;)