Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Cedar Key, July 5, 2015

Up with the moon
 

And sun
 


 



 



Photos from the seawall sidewalk
 
Breakfast, then on the water at 9:10
 


 


 


 


 







 Scale Key.
 


 


 
 




 Industrial ruins? 

 The fireworks viewing spot
 



 


 


 






 


Landed at 12:35. Had lunch, waited out the mid day heat.
Back on the water at 3.



Dolphins



 
A lot of dolphins.  Feeding, and making whoopee.  It was windy, I was pushed into one that was not paying attention. First ever kayak-dolphin contact. Then I got the picture that is the opener for this Tale.


 



 




 



Spent an hour with the pod.  Until a storm blew in.

Off the Gulf at 10 past 4
 Watching the storm from my room.


Back in the kayak at 6 PM
 



Dolphins were still out.  They always are, sometimes I just don't see them



 
I thought the froth might be from the dolphins


 


 



 

 



 


 
 
 
 


 



 
 


 No such thing as too many spoonbill photos
 



 





 

 I landed, then chased the sunset on foot.

 
 



 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

 
 Dock Street

 



 



8:42 PM Time to cart the kayak across the street and call it a day.



 
 

2 comments:

Luis said...

Dang...that was close.

Dave said...

Not as close as the one that hit the kayak. Or, maybe, I hit it.