Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cedar Key, July 6. 2015

Last day of the Independence Day weekend
 My usual last day walk about Cedar Key

 Clamfest remnants.
The storm that blew in Sunday took the shade tent down.



To inform holiday boaters, I assume.  Reason 475 I  love Cedar Key. Even on the busiest boating weekend of the year, it was not to busy.  Helps to be secluded.


 


 




 


 
Solar panels on City Hall


 



 


 
Two days after the 4th, 2nd Street is still festooned with flags



 

Less than 30 minutes I was back at Park Place
 Views from my entry door.
 And, the balcony of my unit

Showered, breakfasted, logged, blogged, and checked out.
 In the kayak at 10:15
 
 Atsena Otie Key


 


 


The open water is good place to mention that I saw several sea turtles over the weekend. Never able to get a picture. Did get spoonbills.
Magnificent frigate birds at Snake Key.
 
 


 


 
One spoonbill made it to Snake Key


 


 


 
 
 

 Paddling around Snake Key. Tide was out.
 
 

 



 


 
Could not enter the channel that divides Snake Key in two. So, for the first time I paddled around the entire Key.
This flock was enjoying the shallows at the channel entrance


 







Channel entrance at the other end. Still to shallow to enter. Perhaps a good thing.  I had to be at work in Orlando at 5 PM.






 Atsena Otie Dock

 
 Faber Pencil mill ruins




 





 
 


 

 


Landed at 1:50. Loaded the kayak, took a beach shower, changed. The opening photo was taken just before I at 2 PM

 Leaving paradise
Hoped to be back soon.  As I wrap this up on September 1, I have not been back.  Got invited to stay with a brother in Sanibel the weekend I was going to go.  Life is tough.
 
 
 

No comments: