Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Friday, July 10, 2015

Haulover Canal

 As I begin to add photos to the pelicans at sunset on September 1, I see this July Tale was a weeknight, after work, trip

Into Haulover Canal, from Bairs Cove, at 6:43 PM.  Making the most of my Duck Stamp, purchased in June at Ding Darling.  The $5 fee is waived for Stamp holders.
 

 Manatees
 


 



 
Young yellow crowned night heron


 
 
 

 

 The sign does not lie
 

 




I have always wanted to get the pelican with the vertical beak pose.  This is the second one I have captured in the past Tale or two.


 
Spoonbills on Mullet Head Island





 


 


 



 
 



 



 



A wide variety of birds on the sanctuary island as sunset neared

 

 
 
 


 

 





 
 


 


 
 





 The mob at the end of the dirt road launch. One reason I launch at Bairs Cove in the late afternoon.  They were going to see bioluminescence  As I had to work and you need total dark to see it, I headed back to Bairs Cove
 Until I saw white around my paddle.  The bioluminescence had begun. So, I stayed on the water a little longer

 
Dolphins at the drawbridge added to my stay


 Too bad it was too dark to get dolphin photos.
 Or decent dinoflagellate (the light emitting critters) pics.
 
Landed at 9:10

No comments: