Dave's Yak Tales

Cedar Key Sunset

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

National Kayaking Day at Lake Tomahawk

 
 In 2010, I decreed the Tuesday after Labor Day shall henceforth be "National Kayaking Day"


 
Rain does not dampen this holiday
 
Even as it blurs bald eagles

 


 



 
 
 


Landed at the island where Pete, I and Tom Gardner camped a few years ago.  Like 40.




 

Applied 3 months ago. Think I was safe.
 
 Bald eagle on the island

 

Loons
 




 





I was changing cameras, depending on how hard the rain fell. Which explains the difference in in picture quality.
 
 Pat, left, Pete and I went to Lake Tomahawk shores and rented a pontoon boat.  Pete paid.

 

 Pete let me drive
 


From this angle, I am either on the dock, or in the kayak
 Ahhhh.....
 Little Lake Tomahawk
 

 Mud Lake channel




 



 


 

 


Pete was fishing



 
Almost looks like a Florida spring


 

 
Pete nicely maneuvered the pontoon to a shallow are so I could stand up and get the kayak back on board.
 
 I impressed myself when began the paddle.  A long drop down from the pontoon to the kayak. Good thin the cockpit is wider than my usual kayak



Join us out here!

 
 Passing the Lakeside, where Pat and I had lunch, Monday.

Not open weekdays, after Labor Day
 The Narrows cabins.  At the Lake Tomahawk end of the Narrows, the channel to Lake Minocqua
 
 





 


 


 


 


We stopped at Bosackis


Which has a different name, but why mess with tradition


 

 Fried cheese curds on a pontoon boat. Can't get more Wisconsin than that


 


 

About half way between Lake Tomahawk and Lake Minocqua 

 


 
 


Pete, Jackie, and I stayed here, Labor Day Weekend, 2000.


 

 


 

 

 Dock remover
Back at the cabin, I went for a sunset paddle


 
Merganser movie
 

 


 
 
 
 


Our dock
 

No comments: